Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Easy, No Rise Pizza Crust

Skillscale: 2

I found this recipe on food.com and it's my new fav. It does not require time to rise and it's versatile enough to make pizza or calzones.

Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min

Ingredients:
1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour (I use bread flour to help it rise and I sub half of the flour with wheat flour)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt (or garlic salt)
1-2 T. Italian seasoning or dried basil
2 T. parmesan cheese
Pizza sauce, toppings and mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of ingredients.
3. Then, add the dry ingredients to the warm water and yeast. Beat vigorously 20 strokes and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Press dough onto greased 11x17" baking sheet or baking stone. Roll out the dough using course corn meal to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Add topping ingredients of your choice. I use pizza or spaghetti sauce, Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions and mozzarella cheese.

5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Add whipped egg or milk with a brush on the top of crust before baking to add sheen to a calzone or sprinkle top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment