Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holiday Best Cranberry Jello Salad

SkillScale: 3 We enjoyed this recipe during Christmas dinner 2012 and it was really good. Next time, I'll dissolve the sugar in the boiling water so it doesn't settle to the bottom of the salad. I substituted lemon jello and blackberry fusion hello because that was what I had on hand. It had a bit of tang but, it was good. Ingredients 1 cup finely chopped celery 1 (16 ounce) packages raw cranberries 1 oranges, rind of 1 cup sugar 6 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin ( orange or cranberry Jello will work, too) 2 cups boiling water 1 cup orange juice 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Directions Bring water to a boil. Add hot water to a med-large tempered bowl along with the orange juice and jello flavoring packets and disssolve thoroughly. Chill until syrupy (30-40 mins)in a 9 x 9 or 9 X 13 dish (the only slight difference will be the depth of salad). Peel rind close to the zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment